Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My 1st Marathon!!!

I just ran my first marathon! It was awesome!! I was doing great the first 16 miles, and then my legs hit a wall. I was focused until mile 16, and then miles 16 to 18 I kept thinking to myself how I just wanted to finish! Then the last 8 miles were the hardest miles I've ever ran. At that point, my legs were done. I had the energy, but my muscles were screaming at me! The marathon was downhill and so my knees were hurting, and my quads were killing me. The last 8 miles I was on and off walking and running. My legs just wouldn't let me go fast. I am not going to be running a downhill marathon for a while! It was nonetheless the best hours of my life! I was hoping to finish around 4:20, but I ended up finishing in 4:57:03. At first when I was running I was a little disappointed but then I started to realize that this was my first marathon, and it leaves me plenty of room for improvement. I am also the first Giani to run a marathon, and will probably the only that ever will. So I can always have that as some motivation too. I hope to do another this year, if there are any that I can get to in Utah or Idaho.
It was a great experience, and even though I am in a ton of pain, I am ready for the next one! There will be plenty more to come! Hopefully I can get someone to run one with me next!
the stretch to the finish line!



No comments:

Post a Comment