It was a hell of a time that is for sure. Having the whole family together was just awesome! And exhausting.
On the first day there, we got our nails done, and went to Charlottes Tea Room. By the end of the evening everyone had arrived, and we did a rehersal dinner at Pat's house.
Then came Friday, the wedding day! We got up bright and early to get our hair done, and then back to the resort to get ready! Later in the afternoon, Pat and Christina did 'first look' pictures, and then the wedding party got on the trolley, and heading to the Winery. Then we started taking pictures with the party and family. Then the ceremony, which was perfectly timed with the sunset, and then to the reception, where the real party started!
Saturday all the siblings, minus the newly weds heading to the city to see Phantom of the Opera. I ended up falling asleep for most of it because it had been a long couple of days.
Sunday was filled with the city also. We headed down to Little Italy, and Ground Zero. We also got to see the Statue of Liberty from afar. It was a good day, but so long. By the end of the day, I was so done with it all. I wanted nothing to do with the 5 kids, they were cranky, and so was I. Haha!
Monday was the last day for most of us in New York. I wanted to take all the kids to the apple orchards to go apple picking, and have hot apple cider and donuts. It was a relaxing day for sure.
It was one of the best trips to New York. I can finally (and officially) call Pat my brother. I had been in the fall season in NY for the first time in several years, and I got to be with my entire family, which doesn't happen very often!
Love that picture of you three girls. It is so pretty!!!
ReplyDelete