I want to take part of something great,
Who knew this would be my fate.
It's a life changing event
I wonder where I will get sent.
Maybe it'll be Istanbul, France, or D.C.
Or somewhere in the lost sea.
I'll bring people to repent-
Certainly time well spent.
Eighteen months to give them a new chance
A new life to enhance.
I'll be starting a new chapter in my life, a transition-
And it's called an LDS MISSION!
You read that right, I am going to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- Day Saints! I just recently started my papers, and will be leaving after I get back from my job in Arizona. Hopefully I will be gone by the end of May! I am beyond excited. I made this decision back in July, but wasn't so sure about it.
Overtime, my desire to serve the Lord, and to serve others became something that I needed to part of. I want people to know the happiness that I know. I want them to feel the joy in Christ that I do. I want them to love their life, and know that there is a life after death, like I do. I want them to experience the process of repentence, and know that they will have a better life if they do. I want to share with them the Book of Mormon. I know that it is the most true book ever written on the earth. I want them to know of Christ, and to know that one man changed the world forever. I want them to know that Christ is the best example of a leader, a friend, a brother, and the ultimate sacrifice for mankind. I can promise you that there is hope, charity, faith, and happiness in the Gospel, and I want to share it with the world!
Heres to a new chapter in my life that I never saw coming!

Oh Michelle, we're so proud of you!!! And excited too, of course! We can't wait to see where you'll be serving and we know you'll make an awesome missionary.
ReplyDelete