I started a job up at school, and began going to school full time and working part time. I wasn't a fan of the job so much, but it paid the bills, and I have been able to keep busy since. I also officially changed my major to recreation management with an emphasis in community. This was exciting because I never officially changed it when I started taking some classes for it. I also went on an adventure to Moab! I went with my canyoneering class and I had an absolute blast. It was great.
Another milestone was that I turned 20! I am now a person in my 20's! Since I turned 18 and went off to college I have felt like an adult, BUT since I have turned 20 I really have felt like an adult. It feels like a little switch turned on, and here I am all adult feeling and all. I had a recent conversation with a friend about how turning 18 is big, 19 is sort of big because it's the last year as a teenager, and 21 is really big. She said that 20 is boring, and isn't big at all. For some reason, I beg to differ! I feel like 20 put a load of adulthood on me! It's weird. I'm not going to go into it....
Along with turning 20 I ran my first marathon! I ran it just under 5 hours, which for me I am happy about. I didn't train as much as I did, and have learned that I will never run a downhill marathon again because I just wanted to die in the process.
One of the biggest decisions that happened this year was deciding to go on an LDS mission!!! I am beyond excited. I can't wait to teach people about Christ, and to serve the Lord. It was a decision that kind of just came to me, and I stuck with it. Since I made this decision back in July, my desire to serve has just increased more and more. I will be finally submitting my papers mid January, and hope to leave by the end of May or early June.
I also started my Junior year of college. I worked really hard this past semester. I was taking 12 credits (which I know is not a lot but I was taking social science statistics), I worked about 25 hours a week, babysat 2 times a week, and volunteered about 15 hours a week in the Intramural dept on campus, and had a big calling in Church. It was definitely a stressful and busy semester but am so glad I stuck with it. I loved the kid I babysat, I really enjoyed my job and the people I work with. I loved volunteering - it got me to meet a ton of people, and as much as I hate waking up at 6:30AM on Sundays for ward council at 7:30 I loved my calling! And the classes I took? Turns out my hard work paid off. I got an A+, 2 A's, A-, and a C+. The C+ was statistics, and although I would have preferred a B-, I am completely pleased with what I got. It was bittersweet. This was going to be my last semester as BYU Idaho, for 2 years!
It is going to be 2 years not only for my mission but for my new job! I got a job in Arizona for the winter semester! This was a job that I was so blessed to have gotten. It is all expenses paid (rent and food) and great pay. It is in the Upper Rim of the Grand Canyon at a place called Jacob Lake Inn. I will be doing a little bit of everything down there. I will be cooking, waitressing, and cashier. I also was able to get my roommate Lily a job down there too! This was great because in case we get bored (which is very possible because we live in the middle of nowhere) we can entertain ourselves. And it's cold down there. I checked the weather and it said -13*. Holy cold!!!
Well this was my year. So much has happend, and so many decision have been made. 2012 was a great year, and I have been so blessed! This next year I am sure will be a great one. I will be working in Arizona, and then on my mission!
Bring it on 2013!
No comments:
Post a Comment