Thursday, July 7, 2011

My latest...

Today I went for an adventure. On a road bike. In 90* weather. I loved it. And hated it. Last time I went for a leisure bike ride I had a plan. I had a map. With street names. This time I figured Rexburg is a grid, if I keep going right I'll get back to where I started. This time I not only assumed that, I assumed that I could go farther. Both of these assumptions are absolutely correct. This time I just rode. I went where I had gone in the past, and then I would venture out from there. I did not assumed it would take me 8 or so miles farther. I will now remember that even though Rexburg is a grid, it is a very large grid - once you get to the farm land. Which is exactly what I did. It was 90* weather, and it was windy, and I was hungry, and then I convinced myself that I was going to die of heat, and of tiredness, and that I was lost (even though I knew exactly what direction I needed to go in). Long story short it took me a while because I was being negative, and because it was extremely windy. Next time I will plan a course in advance, eat before I go, and be prepared to bike against the wind the entire time. All in all my 19.3 mile adventure was worth it.




View Larger Map

1 comment:

  1. wow, that is quite the ride! Always good to have a plan. :)

    ReplyDelete