Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 in Review

Another year has come and gone. It never ceases to amaze me that as we get older the years tend to fly by. Especially while you are in college. I cannot believe that I have already completed 3 semesters! I feel old when I think about it all, I just can't seem to get over the fact that I am almost finished with school forever.
2011 has been a great year for me. There were ups and downs but overall the good times exceeded the bad.
Each month in 2011 brought on new meaning and adventure in my life.
January: I started a blog, I had at least one entry each month, and kept with it, and will continue in 2012.
February: I worked part time at Panera and became attached to my computer because of online classes.
March: I had one entry in my blog stating that I didn't have much to say, which means that March was a boring month for me.
April: I left New York to go back to school.
May: I turned 19! My last year as a teenager = scary. I also completed a duathalon which was a 5k run and a 15 mile bike race. I found my new favorite solo sport.
June: I ran in the Dirty Dash. It's a 5k run in the MUD. I loved my life that day.
July: I got babysit my 5 nieces and nephews by myself. Luckily it was only for a couple hours. It is the greatest birth control I could ask for.
August: I jumped out of a plane at 13,600 feet. Best day of my life. I also survived Hurricane Irene, a hurricane no one expected to do any damage.
September: I started my sophomore year at college, and taking 16 credits. Wow! I also joined one of BYUI cross country teams. One of the best decisions I could make.
October: Went backpacking for the first time. Loved it! I also ran my best 5k time in 24:12 (with training help from Ethan!).  I also became really sick...
November: I had surgery! Doctors found an abscess on my liver. I lost 10 pounds due to it all, and so most of the month I was recovering.
December: I finished up the semester, and came home to New York to celebrate the holidays with friends and family.
And now here I am on the last day of the year 2011. I am looking forward to a good year. I am excited to find a job at school, and start my fourth semester. I am excited to start my 20's. I am also excited to continue living a great life. I am grateful for all the opportunities that I have had this past year and I am ready for some new ones! I have a couple goals for this coming year. I would like to continue this year with my blog, but will try for at least 2 posts a month. I want to write in my personal journal a bit more. I want to start clipping some coupons to save some money (this makes me sound old!). I want to continue running. And my goals for school this year is to get my GPA up to a 3.7, it is currently at 3.5, so I've some studying to do! I don't have any huge goals but enough to keep me busy! Good luck to everyone that has goals this year.
Bring it on 2012!

1 comment:

  1. I like March "march was a boring month for me".......so funny!

    ReplyDelete